There are tons of cleaning products available in the market. Most of them are truly effective but expensive. If you are short on budget, don’t worry because we will share you some common household items you can use to keep your toilet clean and in tip-top shape. Just keep on reading until the end to find out these wacky-yet-effective toilet fixes that are worth a try.
- Coca-cola – Want to dissolve your toilet rust rings? Then, use coca-cola. Yes, this household products definitely work! Just pour a full can around the rim so that it can fully coat the bowl. Then, let it sit for at least an hour so that the acids in the soda can break down the stains. After this, scrub the toilet bowl with a toilet brush, then flush.
- Pumice – If your toilet rust rings haven’t been solved by the tip number one, you can try using pumice stone as it is another effective way to get rid of that persistent toilet rust rings. Proceed by soaking the pumice in warm water, keep in mind that the stone and the toilet surface should always be wet to avoid scratches. Then, gently scrub the stain until it’s gone, and then flush the toilet to rinse.
- Vinegar – Who says vinegar is only for food? Well, that’s not true because plain old white vinegar is an effective cleaner and works safer than chlorine bleach. So, if you do not have the budget to buy bleach to fight germs and stains, just simply grab a plain vinegar. To use this and remove hard water stains, just soak a toilet paper in vinegar and place it directly on top of the stain. And let the vinegar-soaked paper sit overnight, the next morning, flush it to rinse and it and see the stains gone. If your problem is grout and caulk, you can also use this. Simply use a spray bottle to saturate the area and let it soak in for at least an hour before rinsing.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Are you looking for another cost-effective germ-fighting cleaner? Then, hydrogen peroxide is probably what you have been looking for. It is safe to use and very effective. To disinfect your toilet using this product, simply pour ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide into the bowl and let it stand for 30 minutes, and then flush to rinse.
- Boiling Water – Want to fix your clogged toilet without using any chemicals? That’s pretty easy as you can use boiling water to fix it. Just fill a medium saucepan with water and boil it down. Then, carefully pour the boiling water directly into the toilet bowl to dissolve the clog on your toilet bowl.
These tips and tricks may seem weird but they truly work and they are very to easy to find. So, if you do not have the budget to buy cleaning products on the market or if you want to save money, just follow these tips and tricks to keep your home clean.